Sunday 22 September 2013

Passport To Paradise


















Fiji is truly one of the most beautiful places on earth for a lot more reasons other than the stunning
scenery, turquoise waters teaming with tropical fish, palm trees and majestic sunsets.
Fiji is home to some of the most special, gentle, loving and cultured people who stole my heart.

My holiday was unintentionally balanced with the perfect ratio of activity to relaxation.
Days were filled with bike rides, swimming, banana boating, paddle boarding, sun baking, cocktail drinking and meeting some wonderful people who taught me so much.

I was lucky enough to experience a Kava Ceremony.  Fijians perform these everyday and it is such an important aspect of their culture.  Even the first civil coup in 1987 was settled around a Kava bowl...incredible.

We visited a local village where the kinder kids sang to us the cutest songs at the very top of their lungs.     We gave them books and pencils in exchange for hugs and the most endearing smiles.

Coconuts are aplenty and were enjoyed by my little munchkin who had Fijians captivated when speaking the Fijian words she learned!

I truly felt like I was on 'Fiji time' on my holiday...Fijians believe there is only day and night and no need for clocks making time virtually obsolete.  Such a contrast to the busy life I live here in Melbourne.
They enjoy each moment, appreciate the simple things and acknowledge everyone in their path making everyone feel as though they are family... I must have said "bula" a thousand times a day to each passing person!

I believe the whole world can learn a thing or two from Fiji and should take a palm leaf out of the Fiji book!


No comments:

Post a Comment